Who Can You Trust When You Have An Accident?

Who Can You Trust When You Have An Accident?

It used to be in the time before social media, texting, and cell phones, that if someone knew they had wronged you in some way, they would take responsibility for their actions.  If someone caused a car accident, they would admit to their insurance company, and the investigating officer that it was their fault.  Now, we hear of those people that encourage the person they hit in an automobile accident to not call the police “because their insurance is good, and they will take care of everything.”  But, when they do talk to their insurance company they say that you were at fault, and they were the innocent party.  If you are involved in an automobile accident, it is sad to say, but you cannot rely on the other party to do the right thing.

First, immediately call the police to get an accident report done that shows exactly how the accident happened.  Take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and the license plate of the other party.  If there are any witnesses to the accident, find out what they saw, encourage them to talk to the police, and get their contact information .  A lot of folks want to wait to see how they feel before seeking medical attention.  But, the insurance company will not give you that benefit of the doubt, and will hold a delay in medical treatment against you.  Even though their insured driver was the one that injured you, the insurance company’s sole goal is to get out of this situation for as little money as possible.  So, don’t delay in seeking medical care.  Consult a doctor, or chiropractor immediately, so that your injuries are documented, and there are not gaps in your treatment.

It also used to be that if you got hurt on the job that you could rely on your long-time employer to take care of you, and get the workers’ compensation process started for you.  Some employers, though it seems fewer and fewer by the year, still do this, and really have their employees’ best interest at heart.  An all too increasing number of employers will do anything they can to deny workers’ compensation claims.  Don’t fall for the manager that tells you to go home, or that tells you they have no idea how to file workers’ compensation claims.  Most managers as part of their training know how to file workers’ compensation claims for their injured workers, they simply don’t want to do so, and have the injury be tagged to them, and thus be known as an “unsafe” manager.  Is this your problem as the injured worker?  Of course not!  So, the unfortunate answer to the who can you trust question above, if you have a workers’ compensation claim, is…no one but yourself!

If you are hurt on the job, don’t automatically think your employer, or supervisor is going to be a responsible manager, and do the right thing by reporting your injury, and making sure you get the medical care you need.  Make sure an accident report is done on the day of your injury.  Make sure you seek medical attention as soon as you possibly can do so.  Make sure you know the names and contact information of any witnesses to your accident on the job.  Above all else, do not do what some managers suggest, and go to a hospital, or urgent care, and tell the doctor that is happened at home, or somewhere else other than at your place of employment.  The first time you see a doctor is very important in workers’ compensation cases.  Because if you have a contested case, that first medical record is the very first evidence a hearing officer for workers’ compensation commissions will look at to determine if your case is compensable, or not compensable.

Also, if you are involved in an automobile accident, or injured on the job, it is helpful to speak with an attorney before you speak with any insurance company.  You can’t even sometimes trust what your own insurance company tells you, particularly if they are the ones that have to pay out on your behalf.  Tippens & Zurosky has represented people involved in auto accidents and hurt on the job, in North Carolina and South Carolina for over twenty years.  Let us help you deal with the unexpected, and get your life back on track.  Call us toll free at (877) 372-3580, or 704-343-0018 to schedule a consultation so that we may assist you.



Related Blog Posts

If You Get Hurt On The Job Do You Need An Attorney?
North Carolina & South Carolina Bus Accident Attorney
What Should You Do If You’re Involved In An Car Accident?
Charlotte Distracted Driver Accident Lawyers

Why Should I Call Tippens & Zurosky? 704-343-0018

Our legal fee is a percentage of your case settlement.  Unlike domestic, or criminal, lawyers, who work on a nonrefundable retainer, there is only a legal fee if we are able to negotiate a settlement on your behalf.

Insurance companies set what is called a reserve for every claim. A reserve is simply the amount of money they think they are going to have to pay to settle your claim. Naturally, if an attorney is involved the reserve is generally set higher to account for the fact that the attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf, and litigate the claim.

We are in the business of dealing with insurance companies, so let us talk to them on your behalf. Insurance adjusters are trained to help save their companies money, and sometimes this is at your expense. Let’s face it if an insurance company can find a way to not pay on a claim, they are going to do so. It’s good business for them and bad news for you.

Many people injured in automobile accidents or injured at work are afraid to get medical treatment because they are afraid that they are going to get stuck with the bill.  We can analyze your case for any risk of denial, and also refer you to chiropractic physicians that will not charge you upfront for their services, and will wait to get paid at the end of the case.

Whether you were on a motorcycle, were a pedestrian, or in a car, we can help you.  We handle rear-end collisions, head-on collisions, intersection, or right-of-way cases, drunk driving, or reckless driving cases, and every other type of automobile accident.  Also, if you were in an auto accident while on the job, we can take care of this for you.

Though our main office is in Charlotte, North Carolina, we represent people injured in automobile accidents that occur all over North Carolina, and South Carolina.

Calling Tippens & Zurosky as quickly as you can after you have been involved in an automobile accident, lets us file your claim with the insurance company, so you don’t have to speak with them.  The sooner we can get involved, the sooner we are able to protect your rights, preserve the evidence, and get you the medical treatment you need.

Charlotte Personal Injury Attorneys: The System

With our law firm, the client always comes first and we employ our knowledge of the law to protect our clients’ interests. Our office is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. We serve clients in North Carolina and South Carolina and across the United States.

Free Consultation

Please submit your message to speak with one of our attorneys for a FREE consultation.

The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Any results set forth herein are based upon the facts of that particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. Please contact an attorney for a consultation on your particular matter.

WordPress Image Lightbox Plugin